SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Able to adeptly learn the context of a challenge and quickly integrate new skills
- Adept at exercising good judgment (sometimes with incomplete information) whilst being constrained by tight deadlines
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks
- Performs work with energy and drive while exploring other opportunities to contribute
- Communicates effectively, both inside and outside the organisation, on both simple and complex topics
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- Committed to self-improvement and development through the role in order to achieve career goals
- Good standard of high school education or equivalent
- Experience within a similar position
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of ERP systems
- Forklift/Reach truck certified
Reporting into the Inventory Controller the Warehouse Assistant will support the Warehouse goods inwards and picking and packing procedures to ensure the timely receipt and despatch of all customer orders and in accordance with the NOV HSE policy. You should ideally come from a Warehouse background and have previous working knowledge of order receipts and despatch procedures where attention to detail is critical
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Unload vehicles, receives orders, verifies order quantity, quality and condition of goods received for conformity to purchase order specifications – Completing supplier paperwork and manually placing goods into stock locations or make up back orders for delivery
- Review customer orders and participates in the accurate locating, picking, packing and delivery of customer orders (to include; Transfers / Sales Orders) within agreed timescales
- Responsible for complying with all company HS&E (Health & Safety) and warehouse procedural requirements
- Verify computer system stock figures by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies
- Operates various storage and transport equipment and items, i.e., Powered forklifts, hand pallet trucks, Overhead crane.
- Assists with the disposal of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors.
- Accountable for housekeeping throughout the warehouse and surrounding areas to include the yard, ensuring that all housekeeping duties are carried out daily
- Responsible for carrying out a reasonable amount of overtime as and when required and in line with operational requirements
- Any other duties as & when required
Does that sound like a great career?
We think so too. The oil and gas industry stretches across the globe, from Houston to Singapore. With hundreds of locations in more than 60 countries, NOV is seeking talented team members who are passionate about changing the world, one solution at a time.
Search for your new career at NOV and become part of something special as we help shape the future of the oil and gas industry.