- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills and ability to deal efficiently with complex or multi-functional issues;
- Experience working with complex Web architectures and implementations.
- 4+ years of software development experience in the following technologies:
- Strong expertise in Core Java, J2EE and Spring.
- Strong expertise in Spring MVC framework. Hands-on with Inversion of Control (IOC), batch processing and Spring Security.
- Strong Skills in PHP and Scripting Technologies like Angular JS, Visual JS, D3 JS, etc.
- Good knowledge of databases like Oracle and Mongo DB.
- Strong experience in any ORM technology like Hibernate. Experience of working on PL/SQL programming and Oracle - cursors, functions, triggers and stored procedures.
- Experience working with GIT, JIRA, SONAR, BAMBOO will be an added advantage
- Customer service oriented, flexible and open-minded;
- Ability to quickly acquire new skills and to craft creative solutions by thinking outside the box;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of estimation techniques
- Good knowledge of AGILE processes;
- Experience of performance tuning web applications
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage opposing interests and resolve conflicts;
- Creative, Energetic, Innovative, with a strong passion for technology.
- Working knowledge of Test Driven Development is a plus
Additional Competencies / Experience:
- Experience working in a similar position for companies in related industries (e.g. specialty chemical, process manufacturing, life sciences, or CPG) is a plus;
- Java and ITIL certifications are good to have
The Programmer Analyst would play the role of a Technical Developer and Analyst. He would either directly or as a team be required to provide technical analysis and solutions, design and architect solutions, be involved in software development and testing, interact with business stakeholders for requirements analysis, testing, etc. He would work closely with the Development Team and other Business Analysts and will be responsible for the delivery of changes, enhancements, new developments and projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform the role of technical developer for a set of complex and challenging applications or areas.
- Responsible to perform impact analysis of requirements, come up with multiple solutions and suggest the best solution and be able to recommend why a particular solution should be selected.
- Responsible for providing estimations using established estimation methodologies or techniques.
- Responsible for designing the technical solution for the set of requirements provided.
- Be completely hands-on with programming and able to efficiently code and help other developers with their development activities
- Responsible for engaging in business discussions to understand and document business requirements for changes, enhancements, projects and prioritization of such requests.
- Support a designated community of users by gathering requirements, taking and following up user requests, translating business requirements into functional and technical specifications, suggesting process improvements, and supervising user acceptance testing
- Advise super-users on application usage, finding and proposing workarounds when appropriate;
- Assist in systems design and the continual lifecycle of applications being supported, including continual maintenance and upgrade of underlying technologies.
- Assist in keeping the documentation for the applications and processes up-to-date.
- Contribute to delivering high-quality project releases on schedule.
- Will be performing Application Development with good exposure to agile development techniques.
- Must be hands-on and strong liking for technology and willing to work with newer technologies.
- Experience with designing solutions based on requirements, experience of various architectural frameworks and insight of various technologies to provide efficient solutions.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with evolving requirements, assimilating large amounts of information quickly, and developing solutions with a minimal amount of oversight.
- Resourceful, confident under pressure, and demonstrates skill in both expectation and crisis situations
- Ability to propose innovative technology solutions and take the lead in implementing and evaluating these solutions.
- Ability to work independently, but also as part of a larger team and with colleagues in other geographies
Our compensation philosophy is designed to enable us to attract, motivate and retain the finest talents.
Our employees are rewarded for their contribution to business results. This is achieved through competitive Base Salary, Variable Compensation plans such as Profit Sharing and an enviable set of benefits. Compensation plans and rewards are transparent, simple to understand and published internally to all employees.
We also provide tools for recognition that can either be used by the managers or by colleagues to recognize and value the outstanding performance of others.
Our Talents are rewarded for their contribution to business results. This is achieved through the base salary which reflects the responsibilities, the job characteristics, the experience and the potential & performance as well as Variable Compensation plans where pay is correlated to individual and team performance.
Total Cash Compensation for each job in each region is benchmarked annually against external market data from different industries gathered by major data compensation providers and through surveys which encompass the top Flavor & Fragrance houses.