- Minimum Bachelor of Science in nursing.
- HAAD license
- Valid Nursing Licensure from the Country of Origin upon appointment
- The applicant must have Midwifery experience and a general Nursing qualification.
- Clinical Practice minimum of 8-10 years full time post registration nursing practice in Maternity or L & D or NICU as well as General Nursing.
- 5 years at nursing management level in a tertiary hospital
- Working knowledge of Performance Improvement Process and International Standards.
- Language: Excellent command of English language, Arabic is a plus.
Reporting to the Director of Nursing, the Unit Manager - Maternal and Child Health for Mediclinic Al Ain Hospital is responsible for supervising and directing nursing practice, planning and evaluating the care of patients within assigned unit/specialty. Holds accountability for maintaining comprehensive, continuous and quality care for each patient/family at the designated unit. Promotes and restores patient’s health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the patient care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for patients, friends, and families.
- Lead, guide, direct and influence people
- Staff management, appraisal and delegation within the assigned unit
- Financial and budget management of the assigned unit
- Set as an example and direction of others by acting as a role model. Inspire a positive attitude towards work and motivates others towards vision and goal achievement
- Establish policies, guidelines, plans and priorities to meet the unit’s objectives and goals in a structured manner by planning, organizing and systematically implementing a clear course of action using all possible resources available
- Actively support and maintain the core ideology and envisioned future to become the employer of choice, service provider of choice, as well as investment of choice
- Exhibit full responsibility for own achievements and consistently maintain a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance
- Understand and promote the inclusion and acceptance of diversity in the workplace
- Develop and oversee the implementation and maintenance of a system of continuous development for all staff within the unit
To be discussed during the interview!